Why You're Here:

You've said to yourself, "beauty walks a razor's edge, someday I'll make it mine."

You've often thought about what it would have been like to drop acid with Groucho Marx.

You know that until you measure it, an electron is everywhere, and your mind reels at the implications.

You'd like to get drunk on the wine from my sweet, sweet mind grapes.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Bookmark

Pieces of ribbon tied to eye-level tree branches. Breadcrumbs. GPS. Not taking all of the pot with me. What are things I can use to get back to where I was (apologies for the carson/karnak ripoff)?

The above-mentioned items are good choices for the physical world. But what about the metaphysical? The life of the mind? For all the rabbit holes I've ducked into, I always come out somewhere new, yet I manage to forget where I started. A bit too much flow-surrendering, perhaps? Can I impose a bit more direction to my investigations?

This blog should help me with that. I'll be revisiting some of the lightning bolts I've managed to catch and transcribe over the past year or two. Some of them are more fully-formed than others; most will require a trip or two back down some old rabbit holes.

For now, I offer these. Can objectivity and subjectivity ever be the same thing? Are they, in fact, always the same thing? To what degree is a distinction between them valuable? And if they are the same thing, what of it?

I know I've got you all frozen in white-knuckled anticipation, so stay tuned, sportsfans.

No comments:

Post a Comment