Why You're Here:

You've said to yourself, "beauty walks a razor's edge, someday I'll make it mine."

You've often thought about what it would have been like to drop acid with Groucho Marx.

You know that until you measure it, an electron is everywhere, and your mind reels at the implications.

You'd like to get drunk on the wine from my sweet, sweet mind grapes.

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Most Beautiful Girl In The World



The Ferrari 246, aka Dino. Existed from 1968 to 1974. Named after Enzo Ferrari's son. Made from "spare" parts and sporting a V-6 so it could be Ferrari's entry into the lower-priced segment of the exotic car market. You can still spot its DNA in the current mid-engined Ferrari, the F430.

Growing up this was my favorite car. I got to ride in one when I was 7 years old--a father of one of my t-ball teammates had one. This was in Detroit, which made its presence that much cooler than if it had been in Los Angeles because of Detroit's preponderance of American iron and the dearth of flashy douchebags. Even living in Los Angeles it was rare enough that I only saw one on the road a few times per decade.

Once could be had in the early '80s for about $20k. By the end of that decade they went for a cool mil. Nowadays, upwards of $100k.

While my sentimental, play-acting side will sees itself in Magnum, P.I.'s 308, and my practical side knows that a 308 or 328 can be had for a fraction of a Dino's price, I will only ever covet the Dino.

Here's one more for the road:



No comments:

Post a Comment