Why You're Here:

You've said to yourself, "beauty walks a razor's edge, someday I'll make it mine."

You've often thought about what it would have been like to drop acid with Groucho Marx.

You know that until you measure it, an electron is everywhere, and your mind reels at the implications.

You'd like to get drunk on the wine from my sweet, sweet mind grapes.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lotta Dust to Knock Off

Jenn and I are moved in to our new digs in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Well, moved in to the extent that our stuff is here, but it looks like a bomb went off). Been a hectic week, dealing with a novice landlord trying to nickel and dime us, but on the flipside we've moved on to homeownership which brings new problems but no more of that bullshit. Hopefully this woman will see the light and we'll see all of the security deposit. If she doesn't, I will crush her in small claims court and make her wish she'd sold the place instead of renting it.

Moving coincided with some very nice weather (finally!), and some kick ass food. Top of the list was the best cookies and cream ice cream I've ever had as well the best grilled corn. Both places are a stone's throw from us (a stone thrown from our roof perhaps, but still), as well as more restaurants and bars than I can shake a stick at--and I can shake a stick with the best of them.

There's a low profile bar at the end of the block in what was a pierogi factory. The building in which we live used to be a bakery. Gentrification overdrive, sure, but I'm looking out our window across the street at the still-active U.S. Rubber Supply Co. -- "If it's made of Rubber we have it".

Finally, our favorite pint-sized cat, Piper, nearly gave Jenn a heart attack last night and me one this afternoon. With the doors open while moving stuff in she made a run for it last night, but I got a hold of her out on the street. Today while furniture was being delivered I noticed Piper was nowhere to be found. Calling her name and searching high and low inside and out, looking in drawers, on top of cabinets, you name it--I didn't flush her out or find her. I feared the worst.

Four hours later she saunters into the living room like "what? you lookin' for me?"

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, which is me firing off posts with a vengence reminiscent of Popeye Doyle's return visit to the Hotel Du Tangier in French Connection 2 (the most underrated sequel of all time, you know).

2 comments:

  1. i can't believe you left fort greene to go to williamsburg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't afford to purchase a place in fort greene.

    ReplyDelete