Why You're Here:

You've said to yourself, "beauty walks a razor's edge, someday I'll make it mine."

You've often thought about what it would have been like to drop acid with Groucho Marx.

You know that until you measure it, an electron is everywhere, and your mind reels at the implications.

You'd like to get drunk on the wine from my sweet, sweet mind grapes.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Now I Don't Usually Do This, But, Uh

I just donated, via PayPal, $20 to Glenn Greenwald. I don't ever donate anything to anybody. Sure, tons of people and organizations deserve my money. But GG? I feel compelled to support him.

I know y'all are sick of me linking to his blog, and I understand that. So I'll take this opportunity to tell you why I support Mr. Greenwald even more than I agree with him--and if I merely agreed with him the thought of donating would never cross my mind, trust me.

Because he's fucking objective. That's it. He has his political beliefs and his personal biases, sure, but he exhibits his respect for the U.S. Constitution by applying its principles and the letters of its laws to the topics of the day in an even-handed and open-minded fashion.

And that means he's going to piss off far more people than a run-of-the-mill columnist or blogger who tosses red meat to his faithful day in and day out, only writing an occasionally contrarian piece to keep them on their toes and his name on people's lips . Some days Mr. Greenwald does nothing but piss off the very people who want to agree with him, but can't because they're so blinded with Obama-love or Republican-hate. Only an idiot or a very principled man would try to earn a living doing that, and he is nobody's fool.

So that's where I stand. I may post links to other writers I respect, but only Glenn Greenwald gets my motherfucking money.

As for the title of this post, well, that was just an excuse to reference this. And if you're new to my blog I will absolutely reference that masterpiece for any and all reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment