Why You're Here:

You've said to yourself, "beauty walks a razor's edge, someday I'll make it mine."

You've often thought about what it would have been like to drop acid with Groucho Marx.

You know that until you measure it, an electron is everywhere, and your mind reels at the implications.

You'd like to get drunk on the wine from my sweet, sweet mind grapes.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Promising

Well done, cousins. It sure ain't just any ol' protest that gets me thinking about Mario Savio's famous speech.

For those too lazy to google it here's the relevant portion:

"There is a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part; you can't even passively take part, and you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!"

Damn if that doesn't give me chills every time I read it. I recommend going to Youtube and watching a clip of it. Ah fuck it, I know you're lazy. Just watch it here:



Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment