Why You're Here:

You've said to yourself, "beauty walks a razor's edge, someday I'll make it mine."

You've often thought about what it would have been like to drop acid with Groucho Marx.

You know that until you measure it, an electron is everywhere, and your mind reels at the implications.

You'd like to get drunk on the wine from my sweet, sweet mind grapes.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Worrying Does Not Replace Thinking Critically



Sure, this article fills me with "back in MY day" pride, but more important it prompts me to discuss my new aphorism "worrying does not replace thinking critically." I've been thinking about this so much lately that I'm going to give it an acronym, WDNRTC.

So many people allow worrying to take the place of critical thinking. This isn't limited to raising a child, of course, but then I can't think of an area where WDNRTC would have more deleterious long-lasting, society-wide effects.

Now, if those who think critically before worrying (TCBW, of course) are a shrinking number, well, that just makes our power grow relative to the rest of the sheeple!

Riding our bikes to 7-11 for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment