Why You're Here:

You've said to yourself, "beauty walks a razor's edge, someday I'll make it mine."

You've often thought about what it would have been like to drop acid with Groucho Marx.

You know that until you measure it, an electron is everywhere, and your mind reels at the implications.

You'd like to get drunk on the wine from my sweet, sweet mind grapes.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Vin Scully


Thinking about the Dodgers and also the Lakers' star-in-the-making Shannon Brown (or Sheezee Beezee as he's known to some of us), led me to thinking of Vin Scully and the following wonderful phrase: Marching and Chowder Society. As in, I am founding the Shannon Brown Marching and Chowder Society today. Everybody down with Sheezee Beezee is welcome to join.

Ol' Vin has used this phrase, sparingly of course, for years and years. It seems there's no clear-cut origin for the phrase, but it is clear that such societies were and are founded for the purposes of celebration.

So there you go. Such knowledge will evaporate upon Vin's passing into the great Hall of Fame in the Sky. It's my duty to make sure I trap some of his condensation.

Note: I have also previously founded the Jordan Farmar Marching and Chowder Society, so, you know, um, well, yeah.

Note Two: Some people say Chowder and Marching Society. Vin says Marching and Chowder Society. Thought I'd let you know that there is in fact a correct way.

No comments:

Post a Comment